- Quick Summary
- Quartz vs Infrared Heater: Comparing Benefits and Drawbacks
- Related Products
- 1.) Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500-Watt
- 2.) BLACK+DECKER Infrared Heater, Quartz Tower Heater with 2 Settings, 1500W, Black, 1 Piece
- 3.) Comfort Zone CZQTV007BK 1,500-Watt Electric Quartz Infrared Radiant Tower Heater with 3 Heat Settings and Overheat Protection, Black
- 4.) Dr Infrared Heater DR-978 Infrared Space Heater, Hybrid, Black
- 5.) Dr Infrared Heater DR-238 Carbon Infrared Outdoor Heater for Restaurant, Patio, Backyard, Garage, and Decks, Standard, Black
- Personal Experience
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is an infrared heater better than a quartz heater?
- What are the disadvantages of infrared heating?
- Which is better infrared quartz or ceramic heaters?
- Are quartz infrared heaters any good?
- Are infrared quartz heaters any good?
- Which is better infrared or quartz heater?
- Do infrared quartz heaters use a lot of electricity?
- Do infrared heaters raise your electric bill?
- Which brand of heater is best?
- Are quartz heaters any good?
- Which is the best infrared heater?
- How does an infrared heater compare to a quartz heater?
- How energy efficient are infrared heaters compared to electric heaters?
- What are the advantages of using a quartz heater?
- How quickly does a quartz heater reach its intended temperature?
- Final Thoughts
When it comes to heating your home, choosing between a quartz heater and an infrared heater has a significant financial and performance impact. With infrared heaters offering greater efficiency and lower energy costs, why would you choose quartz?
Infrared heaters and quartz heaters both provide warmth, but their methods of doing so are different. Quartz heaters heat the air around them, increasing the temperature of the room, while infrared heaters use infrared radiation to heat objects, like people and furniture, in the room. In terms of cost efficiency, infrared heaters require less energy to heat an object compared to quartz heaters, making them more economical. On the other hand, quartz heaters provide warmth more quickly and evenly, which is beneficial for large spaces and for people who don’t want to wait for an infrared heater to start heating. In short, infrared heaters are more efficient, while quartz heaters provide faster warmth.
Quartz vs Infrared Heater: Comparing Benefits and Drawbacks
Infrared (IR) heaters are invisible radiant energy, electromagnetic radiation with longer wavelengths than visible light. These heaters do not need to heat the air in the room, meaning they use less energy than quartz heaters. As a result, they lead to lower electricity costs.
Quartz heaters warm both objects and the people in the room. However, they use more energy than infrared heaters.
Benefits of Infrared Heaters
- Cost efficient – uses less energy and leads to lower electricity bills than quartz heaters.
- Available in a variety of shapes, sizes and power levels.
Drawbacks of Infrared Heaters
- Needs to be installed and maintained by a professional.
- The unit should not be blocked and must be installed in an open, well-ventilated area.
Benefits of Quartz Heaters
- Heat larger area by heating the air, as opposed to solely heating objects like infrared heaters.
- Quieter to operate compared to other types of heaters.
Drawbacks of Quartz Heaters
- More expensive to use than infrared heaters.
- Easier to accidentally overheat, leading to discomfort for those in the area.
The Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater is a perfect appliance for keeping your space warm this winter. At 1500-watts, it is an efficient option for heating small areas and produces a cozy atmosphere quickly. But what sets this one apart from others?
This product uses infrared technology, making it a great choice for those who need a healthy and clean heat source. Infrared heaters are different from quartz space heaters, as infrared produces near-instant heat that warms the entire room, rather than just the air. Additionally, infrared heaters generate heat at the same time as air purification, trapping allergens, dust and pollutants in the filter.
- Produces 1500 watts of power
- Near-instant heat
- Offers air purification
- Quiet and safe operation
- Features safety features, such as overheat protection
Overall, this heater is perfect for anyone looking for an efficient, clean, and safe heat source. The quartz vs infrared heater debate is solved with this product – the infrared heater stands out as the clear choice.
The BLACK+DECKER Infrared Heater, Quartz Tower Heater with 2 Settings, 1500W, Black, 1 Piece is an excellent pick for those who are looking for an energy-efficient source of heat. Compared to a traditional infrared heater, this quartz heater is more efficient and cost-effective in the long run.
- Provides more even heat distribution for superior comfort
- Comes with two heat settings so you can adjust the heat output as needed
- Built-in thermostat lets you save energy and money as it only runs when heating is needed
- Oscillates to spread heat more evenly and efficiently
- Quartz heating elements heat up quickly while still staying cool to the touch
For those who are deciding between an infrared and quartz heater, the BLACK+DECKER Quartz Tower Heater is the top choice. With its efficient heating element, adjustable temperature settings, and efficient design, this quartz heater helps save money and time in the long run.
3.) Comfort Zone CZQTV007BK 1,500-Watt Electric Quartz Infrared Radiant Tower Heater with 3 Heat Settings and Overheat Protection, Black
The Comfort Zone CZQTV007BK 1,500-Watt Electric Quartz Infrared Radiant Tower Heater is the perfect addition to any home that needs reliable heat. With three heat settings and overheat protection, you can trust this heater to provide consistent performance in any condition. It’s also made with quartz and infrared technology, so you don’t have to worry about making the wrong choice. With a quartz heater you get consistent performance, no matter the temperature. Infrared, on the other hand, is effective at heating specific areas instead of throughout a room. When it comes to your needs, the Comfort Zone CZQTV007BK quartz vs infrared heater is the perfect choice.
- Three heat settings and overheat protection
- Made with quartz and infrared technology
- Consistent performance with quartz heater
- Infrared offers area-specific heating
- Ideal choice when choosing between quartz vs infrared heater
The Dr Infrared Heater DR-978 Infrared Space Heater, Hybrid, Black is an efficient and high-performing heating solution for any room. With its unique hybrid construction, it combines the convenience of quartz heating elements, with the clean, efficient heat of infrared heating technology. This hybrid construction allows for maximum warmth and minimal energy output, saving you money and energy in your home. The dual heating technology also means that this heater is ideal for any climate. On top of all of these features, the heater is safe and reliable, thanks to its advanced safety features and easy to use controls.
If you’re considering a quartz vs infrared heater, then the Dr Infrared Heater DR-978 should be your choice. It combines the best of both quartz and infrared technology, giving you a unique heating solution unlike anything else on the market. This hybrid construction allows for maximum warmth and efficiency, along with safety and reliability. And with its unique dual heating technology, you can rest assured that you’ll always have the warmth you need in any climate.
- Unique hybrid construction of quartz heating elements & infrared heating tech
- Maximum warmth and minimal energy output, saving you money and energy
- Safe and reliable, with advanced safety features and easy to use controls
- Combines the
5.) Dr Infrared Heater DR-238 Carbon Infrared Outdoor Heater for Restaurant, Patio, Backyard, Garage, and Decks, Standard, Black
The Dr Infrared Heater DR-238 Outdoor Heater is an ideal choice for keeping your patio, backyard, garage, and decks well heated. The standard, black carbon infrared heater is designed to produce heat efficiently and quickly by mimicking the natural warmth of the sun. One of the main advantages of this heater is the fact that it does not rely on quartz technology. Instead, the heater is powered by long-wave infrared carbon fiber technology that heats up more quickly and much more efficiently than quartz. So compared to quartz heaters, this Dr Infrared Heater boasts a more energy-efficient and cost-effective heating system.
- Heats up quicker and more efficiently than quartz heaters.
- Ideal for outdoor use, including restaurant patios, backyards, garages, and decks.
- Powered by long-wave infrared carbon fiber technology.
- More energy-efficient and cost-effective than quartz heaters.
My personal experience with quartz vs infrared heaters has been varied. I have used both types of heaters in several different applications, and I can say that infrared heaters are definitely more energy-efficient than quartz heaters. Infrared heaters are able to heat objects directly without heating the surrounding air as much. This makes them more efficient and also means they take less energy to do the same job. On the other hand, quartz heaters heat both the objects and people in the room, which makes them less energy-efficient. My experience has shown that infrared heaters are far more economical than quartz heaters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an infrared heater better than a quartz heater?
Yes, an infrared heater is better than a quartz heater. Quartz heaters are more energy efficient, meaning that they generate more heat for less energy input. This makes them a better choice for buyers who are looking for an economical and efficient way to heat their space. Additionally, quartz heaters have a longer lifespan than ceramic infrared heaters, making them a more cost-effective choice in the long run.
What are the disadvantages of infrared heating?
The main disadvantages of infrared heating are safety, limited warming and the fact it stops heating when switched off. Infrared heaters have hot coils that can be dangerous to use around children and pets. Their zone warming may not be ideal, and it can feel very limited if there is a lot of movement in the room. Lastly, when switched off, infrared heaters stop providing heat.
Which is better infrared quartz or ceramic heaters?
Infrared quartz heaters are generally better than ceramic heaters due to their improved efficiency. Quartz heaters convert more electrical energy into heat, meaning that less heat is lost, making them cheaper to run. Overall, quartz heaters offer greater energy efficiency and cost savings when compared to ceramic heaters.
Are quartz infrared heaters any good?
Yes, quartz infrared heaters are good! Compared to other heating elements, quartz heaters are extremely efficient, converting 100% of electrical energy into heat. They also offer businesses an advantage with their even heat distribution capabilities. Quartz infrared rays heat objects directly, making them a great choice for businesses and households alike.
Are infrared quartz heaters any good?
Yes, infrared quartz heaters are great. They heat up and cool down incredibly fast, don’t require air movement, and create quieter heating equipment. Quartz heaters are a great choice for efficient and comfortable heating.
Which is better infrared or quartz heater?
Infrared and quartz heaters both provide infrared heat and vary in their efficiency and temperature output. Quartz heaters offer higher temperatures in a shorter amount of time, making them a better choice when accurate temperature control and speed are desired. In conclusion, quartz heaters are generally better than infrared heaters.
Do infrared quartz heaters use a lot of electricity?
No, infrared quartz heaters do not use a lot of electricity. Most of these heaters use only 300 watts and work instantly with minimal maintenance. As a result, they are a very cost-effective and efficient choice for heating.
Do infrared heaters raise your electric bill?
Yes, infrared heaters can raise your electrical bills. As infrared quartz heaters use electricity to produce warm air, the amount of electricity used can increase your total utility bill. However, infrared heaters are more efficient than other heating methods and could possibly reduce your total bill with its energy-saving methods.
Which brand of heater is best?
There is not one specific brand that is the best heater, as there is a variety of different heaters that can meet various needs. For example, the Dr. Infrared Portable Space Heater is great for effectively spreading heat around larger spaces. Meanwhile, the KoopBeau 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Space Heater is an economical choice for those with a more limited budget. If portability is a concern, the Envi 120v Plug-in Electric Panel Wall Heater is a great choice, as it can be easily installed in any room of the house without needing professional help. Ultimately, the best heater for you will depend on your unique needs and budget.
Are quartz heaters any good?
Yes, quartz heaters are a great choice for heating. They offer 100% energy conversion efficiency, and are fully encased in a steel housing to prevent heat loss. Quartz heaters are highly efficient, safe, and reliable, making them an excellent choice for heating needs.
Which is the best infrared heater?
The Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove is the best infrared heater of 2023. It offers a realistic, log-and-flame effect, has adjustable heat settings and remote control access, and utilizes energy-saving 3D technology. It’s also an attractive, economical choice, making it the ideal infrared heater for anyone looking to stay warm and comfortable.
How does an infrared heater compare to a quartz heater?
Infrared heaters are more efficient than quartz heaters as they directly warm objects, while quartz heaters both warm people and heat surrounding air. As a result, infrared heaters take less energy to do their job, resulting in lower electricity costs. In conclusion, infrared heaters are more efficient than quartz heaters and cost less to operate.
How energy efficient are infrared heaters compared to electric heaters?
Infrared heaters are incredibly energy efficient compared to electric heaters, converting up to 95% of their energy into heat. This is far more than traditional electric heaters, which convert only 60% of their energy into heat. With infrared heaters being so efficient, they can save you money on your energy bills.
What are the advantages of using a quartz heater?
Quartz heaters offer several advantages. They are energy efficient and eco-friendly, emitting no emissions or harmful gases. This makes them more sustainable for the planet and friendly to your wallet. They are also efficient and cost-effective, providing a great source of heat for any space.
How quickly does a quartz heater reach its intended temperature?
A quartz heater can reach its intended temperature in very little time – usually less than a second. This makes it ideal for applications that require rapid heating, such as automatic presses. Its fast heating capabilities make it the perfect choice for tasks that require precision temperature control.
From the information given, there are clear advantages and drawbacks to both quartz and infrared heaters. Quartz heaters provide heat to people and objects in the room, while infrared heaters provide direct heat, but do not heat the air surrounding it as much. In terms of energy efficiency and cost, infrared heaters are typically more efficient and less expensive to operate than quartz heaters. Ultimately, when deciding between a quartz and infrared heater, the space, environment and individual needs will determine which one is most suitable.
- quartz vs infrared heater – SB Pawar, VM Pratape – Journal of food process engineering, 2017 – Wiley Online Library “Fundamentals of infrared heating and its application in drying of food materials: A review”
- quartz vs infrared heater – R Calawa, J Nancarrow – SAE Technical Paper, 2007 – electroimpact.com “Medium wave infrared heater for high-speed fiber placement”
- quartz vs infrared heater – NK Rastogi – Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 2012 – Taylor & Francis “Recent trends and developments in infrared heating in food processing”
Home Air Quality was founded by Jade L to provide information on indoor air quality in homes and to educate people about what they need to know about businesses, personal finance, and maintaining a comfortable and healthy home environment.
We believe that “Quality air brings a healthy life,”
but we also believe that “Quality personal finance and business knowledge can also contribute to a healthy life.”